Thursday, October 28, 2010

Chennai Egmore – Journey 16


Mona boarded the train and train started leaving the Chennai city. The happiness one could feel normally while going to native is missing in her but instead she is feeling tensed, worried, nervous to see her mom and dad. But it is expected from Mona's situation.


Mona, just preparing herself for the short but long weekend. Mona now don’t have the guts to tell the love to her parents but if things go really worse she decided to tell about it, to her best friend in home her mother. Mona getting herself ready with answers for the questions she thought her father might be asking. But she decided to take help of Jegan for this (as in tough cases girls need a help from boys).

Mona called Jegan and told him how she is feeling now. Jegan as he is already expecting this from Mona he gives her confidence and advice. But Mona asking Jegan whether she should tell about love and all. Mona some how or not refuses to get calm.

Jegan told, 'Pinna Jegan Mathiri oru paiyan kidaikanumna, Konjam kashta pattu thaana aganum' by expecting a smile at other end. He also succeeded after a few seconds of silence.

Mona replied, 'Nee Adangavey mattiya.. hmmm. But I need you. Whatever happens be with me with the same humour sense'.

Jegan, 'hey cool.. Call me anytime, don’t get worried. If everything seems to be going out of hand tell them you love me. Let’s see then….’

Mona, ' ok. assume if I said about love and if they don’t accept and don’t allow me to get back to chennai. What will I do? If that happens, I don’t know what should I do, but I do anything I dare to do. I mean everything'... Saying this slowly tears come out of her eyes.

Jegan, 'Lots of Do in your statements. But all are negative Do's. Think about positive DO's Mona'.

Jegan continues, 'Stay positive. don’t get confused a lot. I strongly feels everything will be fine. What u feel ?'.

Mona, 'What?'. Jegan asked her again, You believe in our love rite?'.

Mona, 'Of course'.

Jegan, 'Then don’t worry. Be happy'.

Mona, 'Hmmm.. buttttt.... ok lets see.'

Jegan, 'hmm.. Still not confident ah. Unakku advice pannathulam note panni vachikiren, oru vivekananda pola agiten.'

Both continued the talks for many hours even after many signal and noise disturbance. Mona didn’t sleep whole night.

Time is now well past 8'O clock in morning, now the train slows down and entered the beautiful hometown of Mona's place. Mona's heartbeat is directly proportional to the train speed now. Train finally stops and very tired Mona dropped down. Mona's father came to pick up her railway station. Mona's father welcomed her with smile. Mona in turn also smiled. On seeing Mona very tired her father didn’t speak a word and took her to home.

Mona's mother waiting for her arrival from early morning. Mona's mother delighted her daughter after a month. She saw Mona was tired and dull. She asked, 'Mona r u ok?'. Mona replied, 'Yea ma. Didn’t sleep well in train. So tired'. Mona's mother, 'Hmmm.. poi paduthu thungu. Naan unnaku cook pannitu kupituren'. Mona's puppy also joined the fun and it jumps over mona. Mona took her puppy and kissed it.

Mona's father, 'Aama ma.. Only if you are coming she cooks well and cooks different items. Illaina ennaku uppuma thaan daily morning breakfast.'.

After hearing this all smiled including Mona. she was expecting something but everything happening normally. Mona's mother, 'Chumma irunga. Unga appaku ippolam vai kolupu kudi pochu.. Mona you go and sleep. I will wake you up later'.

Mona replied, 'Sari ma..'

Mona went to her bedroom. Just like Hutch dog, her puppy follows her to the bedroom. Mona opened her bag and took out her mobile. She is happy to see Jegan already messaged her, 'How things are going?'.

Mona replied, 'So far so good'.

Jegan replied, 'hmmm... what doing then mam? Happy now'.

Mona, 'Somewhat. I am playing with puppy and kissing it'.

Jegan replied, 'Antha doglam kiss panra…’.

Mona, 'Aiyoda. Aasai thaan. Wait for few months. Ok bye kiss u later. Sorry catch u later.. he he.. ;-) '.

Rather surprisingly this day went without any surprise. But Jegan warned her about the Sunday. He was correct, next day morning Mona's father told his friend will be arriving home this evening.

Mona immediately asked, 'For what?'. Mona's mother was watching these scenes from kitchen quietly.

Mona father, 'what? I told u already about this na. Y r u asking it. Actually he came here for vacation. So he just wanted to see me. That’s it.'.

Mona, 'Appa. I too told u already I don’t want marriage now. Then again y r u embarrassing me.'

Mona's father got angry and told, 'Y? Tell me the reason then ?'.

Mona thinks hardly at this moment. She don’t know what to say and continue to say, 'I don’t want marriage pa.'

Mona's father didn’t say anything and left the place. Mona looked at her mother for some support; even she too looked the other way. Mona was very disappointed, disheartened and started crying.

She didn’t take lunch that day and messaging Jegan about the incident. Jegan asked her to calm down and told 'what you said was correct and don’t worry. If they talk about marriage in the evening then break the silence and tell about the love. Anyhow they are going to come one day. Better be this day'.

Mona replied, 'I need you and want to see you. I should have told them about us right now itself.'.

Jegan, 'No Mona don’t take decision on the run. Just follow my words. Don’t be emotional'.

As sun departs in the evening, Mona feels her hopes also departing. Now moon takes over of control from sun. It’s evening, as Mona's father said his friend arrived home. Mona didn’t want to come out of her room. She stayed there itself. Mona's mother called her. Mona hesitatingly came out.

Mona father's friend saw her and told she is looking like a angel and told, 'god bless u my child. How r u? you remember me? I lastly saw you some 6, 7 years back I think….'.

Mona replied, 'I am fine'. He replied, 'Oh Women of few words ah'.

Mona father replied, 'She is not feeling well, so only she speaks less'.

Hearing this, his friend replied, 'Ooh is it. Then why are standing here. Go to your room and take rest. Take care'.

Mona went inside immediately and started listening to conversation keenly.

Mona's father asked, 'How is she da?'.

His friend, 'I told na, she is looking like an angel. My son will be happy. (Hearing this Mona’s beat raised and she some how got courageous walks to the door of her room and about to come out to say about her love)

But her father friend continued, 'He will be back from US in 3 months and he will be staying here for at least 6 months. So after he comes back can we have the discussion'.

Mona's father thinks about her daughter and said, 'Ok'.

Later everyone had dinner and he departed. Mona father asked Mona, 'you said u don’t want marriage now. Now we are delaying it by 3 months. Hope u will be happy'. Mona didn’t reply anything and her father moved away.

Mona's mother, 'I know you are hiding some thing from me. If you want to tell me, you have only 3 months of time. Think and tell me. I am your best friend, remember that'.

Mona went to bed feeling happy that nothing bad happened today and she is weary of what will happen after 3 months. Mona messaged Jegan in mid night and told the same.

Jegan got little angry and told, 'Amma thaaye.. Innum 3 months iruku... Nimathiya thunguma….. '.

Mona stayed in her native place for one more day and returned to chennai next day. Once returned she met Jegan in a happy mood.

Jegan with big smile, 'Enna mam.. I thought you will do in “Alaipayuthey” style and asathi irupanu ninaichen. But nothing happened. Ellam sappaya finished la'

Mona replied, 'Hmmm. What’s your position in ur family?'.

Jegan, 'Heyyyy... Started again ah?? Talk something romantic ma'.

Mona, 'No jus asking'.

Jegan thinking 'Sollalana vidava pora' and said, 'in my family no problem. My mother will be my side wherever I am in and similarly my father will be my mom side. So if my mother is happy with u then its all over.'.

Mona, 'Oooh gr8'.

Jegan, 'More importantly I am their only son. So they will approve it'.

Mona asked, 'Then why my parents don’t like it?'.

Jegan thinks for a second and told, 'same answer. You are their only daughter. So is the reason'.

Jegan, 'Same answer for 2 questions with opposite meaning. How funny it is'.

Mona smiled and asked, 'yea true. Will your mother likes me?'

Jegan, 'Hmmmmm.. of course. yeah. Since I like u, she will also like you. Ok lets plan for something which makes u feel lot better.'.

Mona with wide open eyes asked, 'Wat s tat ?'.

Jegan, 'In 2 weeks time, in my hometown we will be celebrating temple festival. So why can’t you come with me? I will introduce you as my friend. They already know about Ganesh and Aruna'

Mona, 'Me alone?'.

Jegan, 'Ok then. Lets invite Ganesh and Aruna too'.

Mona, 'Is this will work?'

Jegan. 'Its in your court. you have to decide'.

Mona thinks hard and said, 'Ok. Lets go'.

Let them go.... Journey continues...........

No comments: