Saturday, May 19, 2012

Chennai Egmore – Journey 21


Jegan and Jegan’s parents were surprised, shocked and worried by the absence of Mona. Jegan tried calling her a many times, but no response from Mona.



Jegan told his father that he will go now to Mona’s place and find her. Jegan father stopped him, ‘Don’t Rush Lets wait, she might ve lost her mobile phone or some reasons will be there’.

Jegan tensed and called Mona repeatedly with no luck. His thoughts go mad. An hour went by; Mona’s mobile says it is switched off. Jegan asked his father, ‘Whether Mona’s father arranged for a sudden marriage? If that is the case there is no point I live. Now her mobile got switched off too. What should do I do now?’

Jegan father looked at Jegan and told him nothing would have happened don’t think of too much in a assured way.

Jegan father asked Jegan, ‘Do u contacted her today?’

Jegan, ‘No’.

Jegan father, ‘So when u contacted her last?’

Jegan, ‘I spoke to her on train that is our last meeting; after she messaged me that she reached. That’s it. She didn’t call me for 2 days. I thought it is normal. But now…’

Jegan father, ‘Okay okay relax. I will enquire about her thru one my friend there. I ll ask him to see what happening there. You stay here I just go out and talk to him and come’.

Before leaving Jegan father murmured Jegan mother, ‘Jus keep an eye on him’ and went.

No sign of Jegan father for 10 mins. Jegan has almost no nails in his hand to bite and he was still with his shoes for those mins. He was sitting in chair with head down and thinking much. Jegan mother went to him and sat close to him and trying her best to relax him.

Jegan told her mother that he was so scared now.

Jegan father comes back and told Jegan, ‘I asked my friend to go to Mona’s home and asked him to check the situation. He will call me in approximately 30 mins’.

Jegan father asked him to remove the shoes and to relax.

Time passes by. Within 10 minutes Jegan asked his father to check again. Jegan father replied back saying ‘Lets wait for 10 more minutes’.

They waited for another 10 minutes, Jegan father received a call from his friend.

Jegan father was talking quietly on the phone. Jegan went near him in anticipation. As he approaches, Jegan father ended the call and told him, ‘Hey Jegan, It is bad news, nothing as we thought but still bad. My friend told me, Mona’s father was hospitalized this evening. They all in hospital it seems, Neighbors’ says he had a heart attack’.

Jegan was little relaxed and was biting the lips.  

Jegan father asked him, ‘What r u going to do now?’

Jegan, ‘I want to go there and see how the situation. Tell me what I do?’

Jegan father immediately replied, ‘Yea we can go there, I m also coming with u. I call my friend and inform him about our arrival’.

Jegan mother interrupted, ‘Its already late here, time almost 10’O clock. If u starts from here by now, u will reach there by 2 in mid night. Where would u go? Will hospitals be open at that time?’

Jegan, ‘No ma, I want to go immediate’.

Jegan mother, ‘I m not stopping u. since u lost contact with her. Even if u go there, who would u contact? Just think before and go’.

As a typical mom she advised them at the right time.

Jegan father, ‘She too had a point. First we go there and decide wat we can do. I will ask my friend to get some more info on this.’

Time almost 10.15 they got the bus from their place. Mona’s home town was approximately 100 Km from there. In bus, lights were switched off and they were playing some old tamil film in the dark. Jegan was looking at the darkness outside the window.

Jegan thinks how badly he missed Ganesh and Aruna in this place.

Jegan father asked him to have a sleep, even though he knew Jegan won’t sleep at this time. Jegan replied, ‘I can’t. You have a sleep’.

They reached Mona’s place at exactly 1’O clock in the morning.

Jegan’s father’s friend was waiting for them in the bus stand. He took them to the hospital by an auto. In auto, he told them, ‘What I heard is Mona father had heart attack in the evening. Seems he is improving well now. We can go inside the hospital. No problem at all’.

In another 20 mins, auto reached the hospital.

 All 3 entered the ward where Mona father was admitted. Mona saw them first and walks fast towards Jegan, both hugged each other that too in front of few very close relatives of Mona’s family. They were shocked seeing this. Except Mona’s mother no one from their family knows Mona’s love.

Mona was crying and started to tell what happened.

Mona, ‘It happened just hours before I was about to start to Chennai. He didn’t speak to me for 2 days after I told him that I want to marry you. He was so upset for 2 days. And on today he was over stressed and suddenly he got the heart attack. I feel like I m the reason for all this. I became his curse. It all my fault’

Mona relatives were all shocked and Mona’s mother told them who they were and what all happened in the recent days.

Jegan father was talking to Mona’s relatives how Mona father was doing right now and asked them to feel free to contact them for any help. He informed everyone that ‘We were actually trying to reach Mona’s mobile but, we were unable to. But we got the sad news from my friend. So we came here, now good to hear he is fine.’

Mona said, ‘Sorry I forget to take the mobile here’.

Mona’s mother asked them to stay in their home for tonight and can see Mona’s father tomorrow.

Jegan father replied, ‘No its fine. We will stay in my friend home.’

Mona was in the arms of Jegan and still crying. Jegan, ‘Do not worry. Now he is doing well. Now u need to provide him care and support.’

Mona’s relatives were clearly seeing the love they share but they don’t want to comment about it at this time.

Jegan asked his father to go to his friend home and get a sleep and said he will take care of the things here.

Mona’s relatives were also leaving; they said they will come in early morning.

So now Mona, Mona’s mother and Jegan were in the hospital. Mona’s mother thanked Jegan for coming there that too in the very late night. Mona’s mother, ‘You are good guy, I know it, now my family members are feeling it. One day he will also realize it. Let he become normal. I will talk to him about your marriage. He will agree. I am sure about it. He loves Mona a lot. She was her first priority in his life. Also he hates love marriage for some reasons. But I believe he will change everything for Mona. Please don’t separate him from his daughter. Please wait… ’.

Jegan clearly understands the words from her. He feels like he was the reason behind all this, especially he feels like bcoz of him only Mona’s family was in the hospital and in life-death situation. Jegan saddened and promised Mona mother, ‘No never aunty. Without his permission, I will never marry Mona. Don’t worry’

Mona understands Jegan’s feeling, immediately stopped her mother, ‘Maa don’t talk about it now.’

Mona asked Jegan not to worry about the comments made by mother. Jegan didn’t respond her.

Already pity Mona now was even more worried as Jegan things like this.

A night long silence appeared in the room with the exception of small conversations.

Jegan asked Mona about whether her relatives are present in the hospital. She said they were here chittappa, chitti and mama.

Mona’s uncle came early in the morning and asked Jegan to go his home as he will take care of things.

Jegan before leaving, he went inside to inform Mona. But he saw Mona was sleeping, so went away without informing her.

Jegan went to see his father.

His father asked, ‘Is everything fine there?’.

Jegan replied, ‘Yea Everything is fine there since I am here’.

Jegan father, ‘What? What happened? ‘.

An emotional Jegan, ‘I feel like I m guilty, selfish, and I m responsible for his heart attack. Just for my sake, I put them in to this situation’.

Seeing his son worried, Jegan father, ‘Hey hey wait. Go and have a sleep. We will go and meet them in afternoon.’

Jegan, ‘No there is no point in going there. He will be more worried if he sees me there. We will go home now. I informed Mona’s uncle that we will be leaving now and will see him after he discharged from hospital.’

Jegan’s father just tapped his son shoulder and told him, ‘If that was your decision, I will come with you. But don’t let your mind to take wrong decision based on last night’.

Mona looked for Jegan later she found he was missing in the hospital. Mona’s uncle told Jegan’s message to her. Mona knows exact reason why he left her alone. She called Jegan, he skipped first 2 calls and attended the next one and he tried to act normal but Mona caught him, ‘there is something wrong with you. Wat happened?’. Jegan, ‘Nothing. Come to Chennai. We need to talk’.


What Jegan wants to talk, lets wait for one more journey….:)

Journey continues……

No comments: